IDS’s Scheduling allows you to create advanced scheduled shipments. Shipments can be set to re-occur based on days of the week and/or month or a set number of days.
Scheduling also allows you to assign a shipment directly to a route or a driver. When a scheduled trip is activated it is sent directly to the driver’s device.
- The scheduling screen is used for recurring trips, for one-off trips use the quick schedule feature of the Trip Entry screen.
- You can open the scheduling screen with the trip ID automatically filled in by clicking the Schedule Trip button on the Trip Entry screen for a new trip.
- The trip ID used for scheduling is not the trip ID used for the actual trips, it is merely a template trip and will only be kept for the scheduler’s internal functions.
- The trip ID can be filled in manually if needed.
- The trigger time is when the dispatcher first sees the trip, not the pickup time.