Internship Job Description
IDS has been providing Courier and Delivery Software since 2006. Our cloud-based system can be found in the Australian Outback, the Canadian Tundra and the busy streets of Chicago. We are small office.
We really do love creative people who love to dig into their work and come up with better ways to solve problems. Innovation is what we sell.
Our office is located in Yaletown with easy access from both major SkyTrain routes. The successful candidate will spend time at our office. However, once the candidate has been properly trained, they will be able to split their schedule between home and the office as needed.
Covid 19 Requirements.
As this position will mean spending time in an indoor office space and our software is used to deliver medical and pharmaceuticals, including Covid 19 vaccines, we will need the successful candidate to be fully vaccinated and to follow masking rules for our building and office. This is to ensure we can continue to support our clients with their important work.
Software Support 20%
The goal will be for the intern to gain an understanding of our software and how it is utilized.
• Logging and resolving customer issues
• Customer correspondence including documentation of user guides and other resources
• Escalation and reproduction of technical issues for the development team
• Customer Service.
Software Quality Assurance Testing and Automation 50%
The goal will be for the intern to gain hands on experience of how our software code is structured.
• Assisting in testing of Software before deployment.
• Operate QA Automation Software to document any bugs or issues.
• Manually QA Software to document any bugs or issues.
• Provide clear technical documentation of bugs and issues to the programming team.
• Work directly with the programming team in following up with additional testing.
Report Writing and Software Development 30%
• Working with Visual Studio and MS Report Writer.
• Create Custom Reports for our clients.
• Help with creating and customizing some UI on our PC Software Client and our Android App.
• Will work directly with two programming teams. Which are:
• PC Client UI Team.
• Android App Mobile Team.
This job posting is for the Digital Skills for Youth Program. An intern must:
• Be between the ages of 15 and 30, inclusive, at the start of the internship
• Be a post-secondary graduate (i.e. has completed a diploma or degree following secondary
• Not be in receipt of EI during the course of the work placement,
• Be legally entitled to work in Canada as a Canadian citizen, permanent resident or person
• who has been granted refugee status,
• Reside, physically work in BC or have plans to return to BC,
• Self-assess as underemployed, meaning they are employed below their level of education
• and/or hold part-time employment, or are unemployed,
• Not have completed a DS4Y work placement in their lifetime, and
• Not be a co-op student.
The Intern will have completed a post-secondary diploma or degree in computers and/or programming.
Skills & Experience
The Intern will possess the following Customer Service
• Previous experience in a Customer Service is necessary.
• Demonstrated communication skills.
• Demonstrated interpersonal skills and patience.
• Demonstrated investigative and problem solving skills.
• Thorough understanding and ability to use Microsoft Office suite is desirable.
Additional IT Skills of Value
• Knowledge and ability to troubleshoot Windows operating systems (Windows 7, 8 and 10).
• Knowledge and ability to troubleshoot Android operating system.
• Knowledge and ability to troubleshoot Internet communication peripherals (modems, routers).
• Demonstrated initiative
• ability to be productive without supervision
• Good organizational skills with ability to prioritize and meet deadlines
• Ability to quickly grasp and understand new tasks and ideas
• Ability to work well as part of a team
• Possess a strong and active interest in IT generally
Wages and Dates.
Start Date: Immediately. Duration: 4 months. Extension: There is the possibility, for the right candidate, for this internship to become a permanent position. Starting Wage: $3600 a month. Salary.
Please send a cover letter and resume to email@example.com